Info about manufacturer
Fascination from millennia of history.
The “Babylonian III” is a fascinating watch with millennial history and is the third successor of the beautiful series. It is inspired by Babylon, the capital of Babylonia, one of the most important cities of antiquity. Babylonian astronomy dates back to 3000 B.C. It reached its peak around 600-500 B.C. People obtained unimaginably accurate astronomical data with the means they had at the time. The constellations as we use them today were summarized and described in the ancient Babylonian culture.
Fittingly for the 30th anniversary, the new model is now celebrating a comeback. In contrast to its two predecessors, the model is being launched in a 43.5 mm case due to high demand.
The movement is newly engraved and refined. The front cover bridge is skeletonized, hand-engraved and rhodium plated. The plate and the other bridges of the movement are matted by hand with a special graver and then yellow gold plated. On the back of the movement comes an additional plate, which is finished with a beautiful skeletonization. This is also rhodium plated. Two-tone finishing of the movement creates contrasts and a noble look.
The dial consists of two parts. On the lower part zodiac signs are worked out, they are first etched and then hand-engraved, the outer part of the zodiac sign is matted by hand with a graver. On the
upper part of the dial, which consists of two mother-of-pearl rings and hour applications, there is a minute scale on the outer ring and the abbreviations of the zodiac signs on the inner ring.
This exceptional model in stainless steel case is limited to 49 pieces and is dedicated to the anniversary year of the Manufacture.
- Caliber Hand-wound movement 2614.AS, hand-satinized with burin, bridge under the dial hand-skeletonized and engraved, blued screws, 17 jewels
- Power Reserve Ca. 42 Hours
- Functions Hours, minutes, central second
- Case Stainless steel case with glass bottom
- Diameter 43.5 mm
- Height 11.5 mm
- Glass Sapphire crystal on both sides, anti-reflective on the front
- Water Resistance 5 atm
- Dial Elaborately hand finished, with mother of pearl inlays
- Hands Blued stainless steel, two-tone second hand
- Width of strap 22 mm
- Strap Brown crocodile leather strap with engraved solid stainless steel pin buckle
- Limitation 49 pieces