ART ON THE WRIST IN ITS HIGHEST FORM
The “Kandy” model is more in demand than ever. The angular models of this series are very well received by both the professional public and the end user.
Based on the Kandy models, the entrepreneur and designer Alexander Shorokhov creates a very unusual dial, which not only corresponds to the brand’s orientation: “art on the wrist”, but also unfolds this to the fullest. The result is an extraordinary model called “Kandy Daffodils”.
What makes this model so special is the elaborately hand-painted and hand-enamelled mother-of-pearl dial. For the first time Alexander Shorokhoff uses miniature painting, which requires extraordinary precision and skillful hand guidance. To produce such a miniature painting, the painter works with a magnifying glass and needs on average 40 hours. For this art only the highest quality bristles of marten hair are used, which are not available on the market. Ten to twenty of these brushes are needed to create such a painting.
The base color for each element is applied evenly so that the mother of pearl does not show through. The base color is applied first and the other colors are faded in gradually to achieve the desired gradations and nuances. The next step is to apply many extremely fine additional layers, but the finished painting is barely five hundredths of a millimeter thick.
To ensure that each layer of paint has dried out, the small work of art has to be placed in an oven several times. Repeated drying minimizes the dust load of the wet paint, which could damage the work. Drying the paint in a 100°C oven takes between 30 and 60 minutes depending on the thickness of the paint layer. Finally, the finished painting is baked for five hours to prepare it for the final treatment. A transparent varnish is then sensitively applied to the entire surface of the dial and then dried in the oven for another 24 hours.
In the end, a fascinating result is achieved. The model is limited to only 13 pieces, but in fact each dial is unique, as no two are alike due to the artistic freedom they offer.
- CALIBER Automatic watch cal. 2892.ETA (SW300) with hand-engraved and refined oscillating weight, blued screws, 21 (25) jewels
- POWER RESERVE Ca. 47 (42) Hours
- FUNCTIONS Hours, minutes, central second
- CASE Stainless steel case with three indentations filled with real gold wire
- HEIGHT 9 mm
- DIAMETER 41 x 41 mm
- GLASS Sapphire crystal on the front, anti-reflective
- WATER RESISTANCE 3 atm
- DIAL Oil painting on dark mother of pearl background
- HANDS White lacquered
- WIDTH OF STRAP 22 mm
- STRAP Genuine alligator leather strap with engraved solid stainless steel pin buckle
- LIMITATION 13 pieces
- Caliber: Automatic winding movement, caliber 2892.AS with hand-engraved and refined rotor, blued screws, power reserve approx. 47 hours
- Functions: Hours, minutes, center seconds, date
- Case: Stainless steel with glass inserts on back, with three indentations filled with 18-carat red gold wires, 3 atm water-resistant
- Diameter: 41 x 41 mm
- Height: 9 mm
- Glass: Anti-reflective sapphire glass on front
- Width of leather strap: 22 mm
- Dial: Guilloched with 3D optic, beige
- Hands: Black lacquered with luminous material
- Strap: Genuine croc leather strap in dark green engraved massive stainless steel pin buckle