CHRONOGRAPH – KARO 3
A modern skeleton in a traditional execution.
How do you create a perfect symbiosis between modernity and tradition? You do it like Alexander Shorokhoff! You combine the modern, cool skeletonized check design with high-quality, elaborate craftsmanship.
The number “3” in the watch’s name symbolizes the three different layers of metal used to produce the dial and give it its skeletonized appearance: Silver-colored, yellow-gold-plated, rose-gold-plated. All three “checkered grids” are connected to each other and form a harmonious, translucent checkered pattern in an interesting 3D look. The blued hands stand out perfectly from the dial in color to clearly indicate the time.
The bracelet perfectly completes the theme. Different colors have been incorporated into a harmonious check pattern and fit wonderfully with the overall concept of this model. This makes the watch look modern and fresh. As a second variant, a genuine crocodile leather strap can be selected. This one emphasizes the elegant and traditional side of the watch. Another important component of this model is the partially skeletonized and hand-engraved chronograph movement. It takes a skilled engraver several days to elaborately skeletonize and engrave such a movement.
The 3 bridges on the upper movement plate, which can be seen through the checkered pattern, have a filigree hand-finished sunray engraving. This is controversial to the checkered pattern and creates the necessary contrast to it. Additionally, this chronograph offers a stopwatch with totalizing function, which can be activated with the upper pusher. The lower pusher returns the second hand to its original position.
Also the trademark, the large number “60” may not be missing in this model. It indicates the 60 minutes of an hour and the revolutionary time of the 60s. All the hands are blued and together with the silver hour applications on the outer ring of the dial, make it easier to read the time.
Overall, the new model evokes a sense of modernity coupled with traditional craftsmanship. It looks modern, yet elegant and finished to a high standard. Both models are available in a limited edition of only 39 pieces at a top price-performance ratio. Further model variations will follow.
- Caliber 3133.AS manual winding, partly hand-engraved and refined, with blued screws, 23 jewels
- Power Reserve Ca. 42 Hours (36 Hours with activated stop function)
- Functions Hours, minutes, decentralized second hand, dec. minute counter, stopwatch and totalizing function
- Case Stainless steel case with glass bottom
- Diameter 43.5 mm
- Height 14.4 mm
- Glass Sapphire crystal on both sides, anti-reflective on the front
- Water Resistance 5 atm
- Dial Openwork in check pattern; rose gold, silver and gold colored; underlaid with IP blue-plated work bridges
- Hands Yellow gold plated
- Width of strap 22 mm
- Strap Blue calfskin strap in crocodile look, white quilted, with engraved solid stainless steel pin buckle
- Limitation 29 Pieces